Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Under Attack

So the asthma has been a bad bad thing of late. I don't know why. I had an attack last night while walking the dogs and was up at 5am with another acute episode. I would like to Zumba tonight, but fear that will end in attack as well.

The good news is I don't have an underlying infection making the situation an emergency.

The bad news is I can't get the pulmonologist's office to give me a new Pulmicort prescription.

Oh, sure, they'll call in a refill because they know how to do that, but my insurance will reject it as it appears to them that I am trying to get medication a full month earlier than I should be.

People seem to be having difficulty with the concept of the dose/usage has changed and I need a NEW prescription reflecting this, NOT an effing refill.

I have left messages to this effect and nothing has happened.

Other than I have paid cash out-of-pocket for 20 more days of Pulmicort. (Cash that I SO do not have, it has been financial apocalypse over here all week long, we are so poor right now--temporarily so).

This one Pulmicort inhaler is not enough to get me to where I can refill my 90 day script (which the next 90 day refill would get me to the next pulmo appointment where, I hope, I can resolve this).

I would happily taper down, but see above re: two acute asthma episodes in less than 24 hours.

This is not the time to take less medication. Somehow I'm going to have to come up with 10 extra days of Pulmicort.

Any ideas? As far as I can tell, I have my shit together, but the doctor's office and insurance company are a hot mess and I don't know how to compensate for that. Shoot, I started this process when I still had 10 days of Pulmicort left, surely that would be enough time to get everything sorted out?

Ha ha ha ha ha. Joke's on me, my friends.

There's always the emergency room right? They live for this kind of shit. Not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.