Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's ON Bitches: The 17 Day Challenge (Includes picture of my fatness)

The toddler's preschool has been steadily extorting us out of money since before school started. Our first week, we were hit up for $100 worth of tickets to some dinner dance, which was kind of a shock.

I hadn't expected the preschool to be constantly panhandling. So far in the first month...

-I spent $50 on dinner/dance tickets
-Spent $40 on fundraiser books
-Bought $10 worth of fundraiser popcorn
-Agreed to let my child play with lighters so the school could earn $20 from a consumer product safety testing company. (Allegedly this money will fund a free Breakfast with Santa, assuming we're not all dead from a house fire.)

And the tuition ain't cheap, either. It's actually one of the higher ones, something I hadn't realized until now.

So when the hard sell for the tickets started, I shared that the only other people we knew who would be willing to shell out that kind of money would be our babysitters, the grandparents.

OH, that's okay, I was told, they can buy tickets and just not come.

Uh, I don't think so. Not in this economy, sweetheart.

So the upshot is, the hubby and I bought 2 tickets and now I need a dress.

In 17 days.

Luckily I kept most of my nicer 'fat' clothes and even shoes. This whole time I've been losing weight? I haven't bought a single piece of clothing due to weight loss.

Therefore, I do have a dress. Pictured to the left here (taken two days ago). Yes, I am missing my head. This is what happens when you instruct the hubby to get the whole dress in the photo, he's very literal.

I need to lose like 10? 15? 20? something lbs to really fit into it well.

The good news is, I can zip it and if I don't breathe at all for the entire night, I might be able to squeak by.

However, for my own oxygenation, it would behoove me to lose some serious weight in the next 17 days.

The bad news? I don't really have anything else to wear if the dress doesn't pan out. The hubby is worried I will actually wear sweatpants and my Winnie-the-Pooh nightshirt as threatened.

So the 17 day challenge is ON. Let's see what I can do if I really focus, shall we?

Assuming the rest of my health cooperates, I mean. If the adrenals or asthma get bitchy, I'm not promising anything.

And no, I will NOT be wearing the orange socks. Those are for if I wear the dress before Halloween. Since the event is closer to Thanksgiving, I'll be wearing my fluffy turkey slippers.

Are you not reading Vogue? Yeah, me either.

4 comments:

  1. Not to be pessimistic but get used to random fundraisers from now til High school graduation. The number will depend on what kind of extracurricular she picks and how much money the school district has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress look good from here! Sweatpants and a tee shirt sounds good to me. And, oh the fundraisers!! I just wouldn't do them after a while. I hated my kids asking neighbors to buy stuff, and then THEIR kids would come and ask me. We all made a pact to stop and guess what? The school didn't bitch at all. Oh, and as far as the dress fitting...go buy a Spanx.
    mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Mo - Spanx or some other shape-wear is the way to go! I had a black & white ball a couple of years ago and had to wear a dress I hadn't worn in years. It fit, but it was a little snug, shape-wear made it fine.

    Also, love the lace/pearl overlay. At least I think that's what it is. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat: I am OK with some fundraisers but all that in like 4 weeks is a bit much. And with it being our first year of 'school' I was kind of blindsided. I still hadn't adjusted to the whole school thing which was much more school-y than I thought it would be and they were holding out their hands already. What? I can't compute that fast.

    Hey Mo! I don't think Spanx is going to cut it. This is a I-had-a-baby-and-my-belly-is-floppy problem. I am finding I need to lose twice the weight to look like I did in the past if that makes sense. So say I was 180 (which I'm not) to look like I did at 180, I would have to be 160.

    Right now my top runs one size larger than my bottom which has NEVER happened before. Pregnancy does not do a body good, at least not in the after math!

    Ezekiel! Hello! It is a lace overlay with silver sparkles.

    Actually I don't care for the dress all that much, it's not cut right for my height. I like the 50s June Cleave dress cut, but they upped the size without improving their cut for taller people when they made the dress, so it doesn't fit right.

    I actually saved it so I could make a cool witch costume for Halloween at some point. Wish I would've remembered this before Halloween, not after! I could've used it this year.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.