Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Exercise Can Trip You Up

I did a hard (for my current level of fitness which is somewhere below that of inanimate objects) squat workout the other night. It wasn't long, just intense.

And the next day the adrenals were all fired up, aching and burning. I got the message and sat on my a$$, resting as much as possible. Even going to bed early. In addition to the naps. No, not nap, napS plural.

This concerns me. If I am truly recovering and what not, I should not be having such issues with exercise. It should not deplete me so deeply.

I don't know. I'm willing to let it go for a bit longer and see what shakes out before I start duking it out with the endo on the matter of more cortisol testing. I don't know how they can say no given my am Cortisol level was 6 despite 10mg of prednisone in my blood stream, but they manage it somehow.

Must be a great hardship for them, I know.

On the topic of exercise, the toddler fell down the stairs again. I was expecting it and was there to catch her. It was after her first PT session in over a month and I figured her muscles would be fatigued so I carefully monitored her on the stairs. Which was wise, had I not been there, it would have been a serious fall, straight from the top.

It's frustrating and frightening and I don't know how to make it better.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your toddler, thank God you were there to catch her fall.

    As for the aftermath of exercise, I hear you. I had yoga this morning and have just spent two hours flat on my back in the tub soaking my shoulders...the price of getting back in shape, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.