Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

All the Boringness That's Fit to Blog

Things are steady state around here. The adrenals tried to do me in over the weekend, but the HPA axis was strong enough to power through (plus, there was ice cream). I had one moment where it felt like I was going to pass out, but then it faded away and all was fine.

That would not have happened a few months ago.

The only thing I'm wondering about is why is my skin 'tanning' again? What is up with that?

I have no idea what is going on with the blood pressure. I take the BP pill and don't worry about it. I don't think it's well controlled given that there's this one vessel in my sinuses (I think) that pounds so forcefully when I stand up or bend over that it squeaks. Doesn't happen all the time, but I find it unpleasant.

Who wants a head that could double as a squeak toy?

My dog that's who.

Not my goal in life, you know?

I'm still working out. Energy level is not tanking so badly now. I sometimes even think about doing an elliptical workout or going for a walk afterward, but I don't 'cause I'm lazy. We've (the hubby does these metabolic conditioning workouts with me) shaved 6 to 8 minutes off our time too. And I don't feel like I'm going to have a heart attack until around the ten minute mark, which is an improvement.

Although I did have to stop a bit as the asthma was becoming a problem, but we still finished faster than any previous workout so pffft asthma shmassma.

These workouts are not for the faint of heart.

I got a book on the whole concept called Cardio Strength Training written by some hot shot sport coach that maybe serious sports fans have heard of, but I have no idea who the hell he is. The guy talks about puking, about having to lay down at the end of the workouts, about how you're supposed to love-to-hate the workouts. I hope to not take it to that extreme, but I'm all for getting rid of fat and I'm willing to take a certain amount of pain.

Don't know if I've lost any weight as I'm not weighing myself until the carbs I ate due to the adrenal glands have been purged. Hubby has been calling me Pufferfish due to the carb bloat.

My stomach seems smaller and I have squatted my way into Venus dimples (the link says women with Venus Dimples have just 14 to 20% body fat which is in no way true for me!). My back is nowhere near as fat as my front, why can't the weight loss come from the flab fest in my gut first?

So unfair.

But some progress at least.

Food-wise, I'm eating eggs for breakfast and lunch with no snacks. Not in a disordered eating manner, more I'm just not interested in anything else and hardboiled eggs are an easy way to low carb. See also, cheap food in a bad economy.

I pop 'em on the stove, set the timer for 18 minutes and make the toddler's bfast or lunch. By the time her food is ready, my food is ready and I didn't have to stir it or even think about it.

This coincides with a general feeling of kitchen burnout. I've been cooking a lot lately and I'm just so over it at the moment.

That's it. Relatively drama free on the health front. Other stuff is not going so well but this blog is not about that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I know you already know this, but skin tanning is because of high ACTH production by the stupid pituitary. High ACTH = Primary.
    Wierd....didn't know that could happen.

    Venus dimples???? I have dimples everywhere, but they aren't pretty like in those pictures. Kudos to you for exercising as much as you do. I do nothing. Bad me.

    mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.