Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Salvage Operation

The toddler was up for the damn day at 4am.

We were not ready for that.

Here's a lifesaving tip: Don't wake me up when it's sleeping time.

And no, I have no idea how I managed the newborn year. Oh yeah, I quit my job after not sleeping for three days straight, which followed months of little to no sleep.

Another lifesaving tip: Don't count on hubby to wake up when you need him. He's on a time delay. By the time you've actually roused him to consciousness, the thieves have already stolen anything of value and set the house on fire.

Also, there seems to be a tooth theme in my life. Our much loved black lab has infected teeth and needs surgery. Today.

Now, she? Does not floss. We have tried brushing, but not with much enthusiasm. Which probably explains the infected teeth.

We dropped our labby off at the vet and I hauled the muy cranky toddler (and equally cranky momma) to pschool. Where I realized she was hot, clammy and clinging to my leg in an uncharacteristically introverted fashion.

Looks like my mommy radar was on a time delay of its own today.

You know what sucks? Realizing how much your day is going to blow chunks at 4am. The sun isn't even up yet and you're already screwed. The unpleasantness of this knowledge is compounded by the impaired ability to manufacture energy.

I was finally feeling more awake, more normal. So call me stupid or selfish or whatever other horrible adjectives that best describe my pettiness, but I was really looking forward to getting back on track.

To the point where I'm lacking grace when faced with the current derailment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.