Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Phases of Cortisol Production

Once the HPA axis seemed to 'turn on' each taper has followed the same rough trajectory:

First there's the 'Oh wow! I feel GREAT! Tapering is going so well!' phase.

This is followed by my body screeching 'WHAT? You didn't tell me I was going to have to work every day. Bitch, I'm union. Suck this low blood sugar.' phase.

Then, eventually my body feels bad enough that it seems to grudgingly start doing what it's supposed to, the 'Okay FINE, I'll do it, but you're paying me triple time. Also, I'm doing this for ME, not YOU' phase.

I seem to be in phase two. I don't know why that is, but I'm tired of it. Suck it up, get it together let's go. There is no reason for me to feel like crap. None.

Although, I wonder how much of a drag the gut thing is on the system. This thing is marching toward an unpleasant endgame and I wonder if I will be able to hold out until the forthcoming appointment dates.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. It will be a featured patient blog on my show tonite on www.BlogTalkRadio/Drsynonymous (and kept as a podcast on BTR and iTunes). Nothing like HPA axis suppression.... unless it's your own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.