Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Trying to Eat


Still limping along. Steroids are making all the difference, but my appetite is missing yet. Which means low blood sugar. Which just makes things worse. I need to eat.

So once I finally took enough steroids to function (I keep trying to get by with a small dose, it's so not flying), I took my wheezing toddler into the kitchen for some experimental blender food. Trying to make something I would be willing to eat.

We came up with pumpkin smoothies. Low carb, but with some carbs from yogurt to boost my blood sugar.

It was really good. Even the toddler liked it and she is impossible to please. The recipe is here and even though I'm low carb, the smoothie is very adaptable to whatever constitutes healthy food in your book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.