Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Betwixt and Between

My skin color has changed. I am 'tanner' than I was. This has happened before and is not necessarily of any significance. It could be I finally got my persistently low iron levels up enough to have some color. Usually I'm ghost white. Now I look like a ghost whose experimenting with self tanner.

Same old same old on the fatigue. I have moments where I think it's going well and moments where I wonder why I thought that.

Still trying to work out. Which means sometimes all I do is put the shoes on, others I actually do something.

Sometimes I have strength during a work out, sometimes I have to sit down before I fall down.

Blood sugar is fine until it's not. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

Just gray, no black and white.

The weight loss has stabilized (actually not happy about that, but it's a good overall sign, right?) and my mental focus is better. I've been able to work on some projects that I couldn't focus on previously.

My ankle is healing beautifully, however. I'm going to attribute that to the pylometric workouts and the many many squats I've done on my tippy toes. It's still bruised and a bit swollen, but strength seems to be normal. I am not jumping on it, but have done both-feet-on-the-ground squats. Also, doing some PT type stuff to help the joint.

My back is not doing as well, although I expect it to be fine eventually. My chronic neck pain was exacerbated pretty badly from the fall and my spine has sore spots. Hubby has been trying to massage out the kinks, but it's been a difficult-to-resolve flare up.

I am still alternating Advil and Tylenol for the pain. Believe it or not, going to bed is worse. Instead of relieving postural tension, I get fire and ice type pain all through my upper back.

I can be pain free. Really. With massage and strength work such as push-ups, but this is bad enough that I don't dare do any push-ups.

Still have the Crayola brand tramp stamp on my back too.

For anyone wondering WTF I did to my neck. About 15 years ago, I landed off a raised mat in karate helping someone practice opponent flips. I snapped my head back right into a concrete floor. Ever since then, drivers really like to rear end any car I'm in (no, I am not always the driver either). So insult added to injury equals never ending neck pain.

I'm kind of not kidding when I refer to myself as Amelia Bedelia.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.