Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Surprise

I'm sick. I'm not sure if it's going to settle in for a long torture session or not, but I'm definitely sick. No more waffling or dithering. At least things make sense now.

If it's the bug the toddler had and it manifests at even half power in me, I may be in trouble re: asthma which could mean trouble re:steroids.

The whole thing is a good validation of what is and isn't adrenal for me. The stomach pain is back and I now realize that all the gallbladder pain was somehow related to the adrenals. It improved somewhat with the switch to Nexium, but it really got better once the HPA axis was functioning more normally and hardly bothers me...unless I'm adrenal.

Given how my gallbladder thrashed like it was in a mosh pit, I would not have expected any adrenal connection. But it really wasn't the GERD, which is actually much worse these days--medication is kind of not working.

If I didn't have the adrenal stuff complicating things, I would be pursuing surgery to tighten the sphincter asap. My stomach produces copious amounts of acid and the muscles are too lax and I really miss eating cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers and cabbage.

1 comment:

  1. Oh nooooo. I'm so sorry to read this. Still on 5 mgs? Hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.