Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

That Floating Feeling

The cold is plodding along. I'm feeling faded and blah but trying to keep up with all the things that need to be done before our next house guest arrives.

Yes, I do take lots of C etc... to try and beat these bugs. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes not.

I've actually been taking a cocktail of C, zinc, and D every day now because I had this epiphany that...

If I exercise and that makes me feel like I'm getting sick, but I improve with vitamins, then maybe I should take them every day and prevent the whole thing in the first place.

Duh.

So the vitamins work well against adrenal whatsits exercise colds, but not so much for actual bugs.

So far, it's mild. The toddler has lots of gunk though, I'm hoping it won't hit me.

On the writing front... I just have to get this out of my system...one of my colleagues has hit it big and is fielding offers from large publishing conglomerates with many multiples of six figures involved. It's so cool.

However, I have to say, if a writer can out-earn a traditional publishing offer with three months of sales on their own, do they really need a publisher? Something to think about... do publishers think writers can't do the math? I'm surprised at how low their offers are against what a writer is actually earning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.