Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Frat Party Hours

I really want to go to bed. It's 11:30 and I can't.

My daughter is just about five. This is relevant, bear with me...

At her birthday party last week, I said to my husband, "Remember when she was a baby and we couldn't wait for her to be five because that would surely mean we were sleeping?"

He gave a weary sigh. "And now she's up until midnight."

Ahahahahaha.

The only upside...she sleeps in until 9 and sometimes even 10am. (I will start waking her up after the time-space continuum is shot to hell by daylight savings time. To try and influence her sleeping schedule before then would be lunacy and just cause more problems. If you don't have kids, you'll just have to trust me that daylight savings time is hellacious for parents. I dread it like it's a phobia.)

One of us has to stay up because she wanders and plays dress-up and reads books and sneaks down the stairs. And I send her back up the stairs and she cries and screams and on and on it goes.

I say I send her back up because, for some reason, I'm the one who's always stuck up with her. In fact, hubby's already asleep and I'm here typing away, burning with envy.

So the cold...kicking my ass. The usual drill....like any other cold. Just waiting to see if it's going to flare the asthma or not. So far it's sticking around...apparently it likes its new digs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.