Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Remarkable Me

It looks like no one is reading my new posts. It's sad in a way because blogs have largely dropped from search engine results. If you're not in a FB group or other community as a patient you are out of luck. All the connections are there. No more googling and finding first hand patient accounts.

Anyway, my MRI results came back.

I am probably a true medical zebra.  The kind of thing docs might never see in their careers. My MRI is probably going to end up in some powerpoint or slide share somewhere.

Basically my "remarkable" liver is riddled with growths. I have ~30+ adenomas on the liver. A bunch of cysts on the pancreas. An adenoma on an adrenal gland.

I don't know yet what's going to happen. I still need to see the hepatologist.

Get off bcp, obviously. Probably a biopsy. After that I don't know. Probably wait and see what happens to all my growths. If they go away, great. If not, I might have to have a chunk of liver removed.

I am wondering about a hysterectomy as well. Because with PCOS I need bcp, it's not a lifestyle choice. And if you take me off bcp, with PCOS I can still produce a shit ton of estrogen...which is what feeds these suckers. So what's left? Hysterectomy. Voodoo rituals...which don't even have a placebo effect.

The idea of a hysterectomy is kind of terrifying. Some women do great, some don't. Which camp do you think my odds favor? Do I feel lucky? Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.