Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

There's a Really Happy Cat in My Lungs

Our holiday was kicked off by boogies. In the toddler's chest. Then in the hubby's chest.

I thought I was safe.

I should know better! I think my optimism is perverted beyond all redemption.

It started with a random wheeze one day.

Huh, I thought and went about my life. I was in the midst of muscle cramp hell so was a little distracted.

Last night a knot of snot took up residence under my breastbone and the hacking cough to nowhere started.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a cat purring in my lung. Just from breathing from my nose, which is bad ju-ju. Anything that shakes, rattles, rolls or whistles, whines and purrs with the gentlest of breaths is baaaaaaaaaaaaad news. Especially with an uproductive cough.

We'll see what happens. It's a bad infection for someone like me; strong and sticky in all the wrong places. I don't want to take any steroids inhaled or oral for it. I don't really want to start Singulair again. So let's cross fingers that it is mild for me and I don't need anything more than a rescue inhaler or nebulizer treatment.

I am not willing to lose ground on the steroid front. The adrenal glands are the priority, not my ability to breathe.

The muscle pain has finally stopped. Things have finally improved and I have successfully weaned down from 30 to 25mg. I am not going backwards. I refuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.