Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trying

Wednesday went.

Trying to get as much done as I can now since I don't know how I'll feel later. Do what you can while you can.

Ran to the craft store for stocking stuffers and styrofoam cones which will be used for Xmas tree appetizers (you use toothpicks and fruit or cheese, it's cute and easy). Felt like I was going to fall over, but just gripped the cart tighter and ignored it.

Making menu plans that minimize work. Luckily the hubby does a lot of the holiday cooking. In his culture they have fish, kidney beans, split peas and potato salad for Christmas Eve dinner. I happen to love beans and peas, so this meal works well for me although other people find it...odd.

Then he wants to make Nutella banana crepes for Christmas breakfast. Plus, he'll do dishes. So not too much on me for the big holidays. Yes, he is amazing. (Further proof, when I told him we could put a porthole in the floor to finally make a laundry chute, he thought that was a great idea. No really, people do it.Nowhere near as a strange as it sounds.)

Presents are mostly done. Need to finish the calendars featuring the toddler and pick up gift cards. Oh and mail Christmas cards. Not to mention thank yous from the toddler's October bday. Whoops.

Taking naps every day, which helps immensely. It gives me a couple hours where I'm not dog tired.

My GI system is making death threats, but not following through. So long as nothing comes along and stresses me out, I might escape unscathed.

Not eating much but trying to follow a rule of eating something at every meal time. The lack of appetite makes for an odd diet. 2 hardboiled eggs, a slice of cheese, cottage cheese, a bite of chicken. Back to the surreal reality of forcing caffeine consumption--that really is the strangest thing to me.

On the upside, I quit steroids cold turkey and am still standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.