Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Never Enough Vitamins

This past week has been very busy as the to-dos of life ganged up on me just as we were getting ready to leave town for vacation.

Some hiccups in how I've felt...

The pattern of cold symptoms and cold sores is, apparently, still active.

I forgot to dose the C, D3 and zinc like I've been and bam! Instant sore throat and the corner of my mouth starts burning. Plus fatigue, although at least half of that is to be blamed on my new inability to fall asleep.

However, today, after a good night's sleep and remembering to keep up with the vitamins, I'm doing good.

I would guess the vitamin things sounds dubious to most people, however, here is a persuasive data point:

My D level at the beginning of May, just as the bronchitis took hold, was 90. It fell to 50 by the end of the month as my body used it up to fight the bug.

So our bodies do use this stuff up and we do need to replenish our reserves.

Now why I need to constantly replenish my reserves is what I don't know. I should be able to go a few days without vitamins. It's not like I'm eating paper and rocks over here.

In fact, my new favorite salad is greens with strawberries, blueberries, feta cheese, red onion, and pecans all drizzled with balsamic glaze. That's lunch tomorrow and then dinner will be chicken taco salad with greens, peppers, guacamole, salsa etc... lots of veggies.

So why do I fall apart if I don't keep up with the vitamins?

1 comment:

  1. This happens to me too. Mine has to do with malabsportion though. I don't get much out of my food.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.