Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Surprise!

It's been an interesting few days. I did not travel well either going or coming. Adrenal whatsit does indeed seem to be active.

Right after I posted my last post I got the "stomach flu."  You know, the stomach flu no one else in the house gets but me. The intense burning stomach pain was a match for what I felt during the supposed adrenal crisis in 2011.

Of course, it could be anything. Food poisoning, stomach flu for one etc... But it felt very adrenal.

How strange. I am flabbergasted that it would happen like this.

I did not stress dose because I didn't actually vomit, just felt like it all the damn time. I just tried to ride it out and crossed fingers, toes and curls that it would be mild. So far, so good. It took about 5 days for the burning pain and nausea to subside. My energy is still kind of yuck but I did go for a walk today.

I know Addison's patients say they have issues with travel, but I don't have Addison's and thought I was pretty much over the hump. Huh. Guess not.

Well, at least I didn't have to fall back on steroids.

I'm very tired right now. The weather is not helping. The time zone change isn't helping. I so want to Rip Van Winkle.

And the real stomach flu is coming for us. We arrived home to a shut down preschool, cancelled dance classes and dehydrated kids in the hospital. Everyone's puking around here. I've stocked up on Sprite and Jello and am engaging in lots of magical thinking which goes something like...

Maybe we won't catch it because we've been out of town. La-la-la-la I can't hear you puking.

Then I take my pointer fingers and make a cross like I'm averting the Evil Eye.

On the work front...some exciting stuff. Although it's been difficult to find time to write. We're just so busy, going here, there and everywhere and bringing people home with us. (Also, ZOMG the preschool homework. Pages of it! WTF?) I'm kind of in hostess mode for the next few weeks as we have a house guest who needs hosting as opposed to the more typical 'person who lives with us' guest. So my time is not my own.

However, the last story sold pretty well. The sequel is in final edits (if I can find time to work on it) and I'm branching out into some cross marketing by sponsoring some stuff. The sponsor thing is what I'm most excited about. I have no idea if it will be effective or not, but it should be hella fun...I get free tickets.

 PS: I believe comments have been enabled once again.

1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.