Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Kablooey

The uterus is exploding again. Which is kind of pathetic considering I'm on the freaking pill. The OB called me about something or other and when I mentioned the uterus' lack of cooperation, they cheerfully informed me this could take 3 months to fix.

But I think they think I'm just spotting, which, ummm no. Not spotting. PCOS never does things by halves. I'm either completely annovulatory or ...ummm not (to avoid graphic analogies that no one needs to have dancing in their brains, which, you're welcome).

I'm currently trying to ignore it and considering a sex change operation. Not only would my earning power increase thanks to a penis, I would no longer have a uterus to torture me.

Unfortunately, the hubby isn't on board with me getting my very own penis. Even though I told him he could become a woman. It's like Freaky Friday, but with adults who go to Thailand for a few weeks. What's not to like? Apparently, a lot I've been informed.

So anyway, as for the adrenal glands...

This prednisone taper is going much better. Yesterday was my first day with no prednisone whatsoever. I did hit the wall and experience a minor asthma flare. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Adrenal glands make something like 5mg a day, on average. I was down to 2mg and was fine meaning I was at least making 3mg, if not more, on my own. So, I don't know. It's just, if they are working, why aren't they working working? How long does it take to figure out 2 freaking mg?

I have the laziest adrenal glands on earth.

It is annoying.

So, being stupid, I went to the grocery store with a toddler who wanted to walk instead of ride in the cart. By the time I finished at the store, loaded the car, negotiated with my terrorist toddler (and lost, repeatedly), got home, set the toddler up with lunch, let the dogs out, unloaded the van, put the metric ton of groceries away, let the dogs back in, and put the toddler down for a nap, I was DONE. There was nothing left. Nothing.

Then that special road rash feeling hit my lungs.

But I didn't collapse and I didn't have to take a nap, which is progress. However, I did just sit on my ass the rest of the day.

And that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.