Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Steroid Update

Went down to 4 mg of prednisone over the weekend.

Eh.

I dunno.

I really don't even want to blog about it because that involves admitting, I'm not feeling so hot.

I'm tired. Too tired to enjoy Mother's Day, which was nice and all, but I really just wanted a nap.

I don't want to be tired. I don't want to blog about being tired, but here I am.

It can be rough to transition to a lower dose of prednisone, I know. Plus, I've physically been through a lot the last few weeks--almost half of the 8lb weight loss was from bleeding alone and from there I went straight into stomach flu. I can see how my body might need some extra down time.

I think I'm going to whitewash everything as best I can and ignore the rest.

It's not as bad as it was, nowhere near.

But I wish it was better.

Before all this started I had a fitness goal; to get into good enough shape to climb sand dunes in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan this coming August. I was on track to do it, but now I don't think I'll make it. There's not enough time to both recover and go into hardcore training--not for my body, I'm sure there are people who could do it, but it's asking a bit much for me.

Today, I was out of breath teaching the toddler the Hokey Pokey. So I have a long, long, long way to go from here.

I will just be happy if all this is behind me for good by August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.