Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Where's My Cheerful Pessimist Shirt?

I used to have this t-shirt with a picture of Eeyore and the phrase 'cheerful pessimist.'

Cheerful pessimist. That's me. More often than not. Except, lately, not at all.

This continual optimism where I keep thinking I'll be fiiiine is driving me nuts. I don't know where it's coming from. It's so...not me. I'm more Eeyore than Piglet. More Rabbit than Pooh.

So I go tutor today. I rock the tutoring session. The family loves me. The kid is blossoming. It's pretty much tutoring nirvana all around.

Happy, happy, joy, joy, right?

Right. Awesomeness.

On the drive home, I think, "I feel pretty good. Maybe this is going to go well after all."

I get home, walk in the door and suddenly my grip on the kitchen counter is the only thing keeping me upright and I'm panting like I've just run a marathon.

Total bummer.

If you need me, I'll be in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.