Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Maybe

Today seems better.

I did a little boogie with a hoedown to Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer this morning.

This is what doctors call a 'positive dance sign.'

In the interests of full disclosure, I hadn't slept well for a couple days. One night I had insomnia pretty bad and the next I was assaulted by cranberries--I had to stay up until the burning stopped and then sleep sitting up. So maybe that was a factor.

I'm sure the roller coaster blood pressure wasn't without impact either.

I also weighed myself today for the first time since Thanksgiving. I have a strict no scale policy after eating the wrong things or too much of anything. The scale will never have anything good to say. It's a downer and who needs that? Better to focus my energy getting back to eating low carb than dwell the McDonald's meal I inhaled on the drive home.

Well getting back on track didn't go so well as the hubby decided to have a dinner party after Tday. A vegetarian dinner party involving a lot of carbs (and a certain fruit salad that was apparently made of battery acid). I did make my own separate meal but I still imbibed potatoes. And fruit. And dark chocolate mousse.

So I have no idea how I didn't gain weight between the food and fatigue induced lack of exercise.

But I didn't.

That's a nice way to start the day.

Now, off to make cookies and more cookies followed by even more cookies. Time to get everything ready for care packages for out-of-state relatives. I am quite pleased to say I'm up for a full day in the kitchen.

Maybe exercise will be next! I can dream, right?

2 comments:

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.