Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Irrelevant Holy Molies

First a funny story that is a complete non sequitur.

Over the holiday my toddler brought a DVD to grandma and said "This is my favorite vdv."

So grandma put in the DVD and fiddled and fiddled trying to get it work, because she was born before there was TV let alone a remote let alone VHS or TIVO or DVDs or Netflix.

And thus the movie 'The Book of Eli' began to play.

For those of you not already gasping in horror, 'The Book of Eli' is a post-apocalyptic film that features heavy adult themes such as guns, and violence. I believe there is even rape, but we never actually finished the film because we found it dull.

Luckily, I walked in before the movie got too far.

The thing that slays me is grandma never once thought maybe 'The Book of Eli' wasn't looking so much like a kid show.

/non sequitur

Saw the derm today. Aside from the awkward nudity (really, you have to pry apart my a$$ cheeks? For all the med bloggers complaining about the nudie bits, has it ever occurred to you that you are doing it to yourself? I am certainly not bending over and spreading wide, in fact I left on my underwear as a kind of, you know, HINT.) it was fine.

No biopsies scheduled. All 300 plus of my moles look abnormally normal.

Which would be awesome except that I'm still on a 6 month schedule of awkward nudity which, boo hiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.