Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Sanitizing and Thinking About Password Protection

Now that I'm actively trying to re-enter the work force, I am attempting to sanitize my online profile.

I am pretty careful and good about keeping things anonymous, however, I have heard rumors that prospective employers can harvest your IP address from emails and use that to track online activity. In addition, another rumor says that Google will provide access to all information on a user for a small fee. Google owns Blogger so yeah, a concern.

I am attempting to ascertain what is and is not true as well as ways I can keep my IP address private.

At some point this blog may have password protection.

The password will be prednisonehell. Jot it down somewhere in case I have to go private.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.