Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Current Adrenal Status

It's hard for me to remember what normal is these days. I've been saying 'I'm fine' to myself all week, but then I realized...

-I'm napping every day.
-I'm not working.
-I'm not cooking or cleaning or doing much of anything.
-I'm tired all the time with intermittent limb heaviness.
-My blood pressure still trends low despite adjustments in BP meds.
-I forget to eat or have no appetite when I do eat.

But there's not much muscle pain and I am exercising.

At the expense of everything else and not that I feel up to it, but I can force it, which is a good sign. Full on adrenal meltdown removes all ability to power through.

Things are a far cry from normal still. You'd think my inner optimist would shut up already.

The goal now is to continue to work out and increase intensity markedly as the ACTH challenge nears. I want this to show up on the test. If everything comes back normal, then fine, I'm just recovering still, but, if there's any chance this is adrenal tankage, it needs to be documented.

After the test, I can back off and slow it down a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Came upon your blog Googling "Steroid withdrawal vs. Adrenal crisis" as my allergist has had me on 30-60 mg of prednisone for about 2 months and dropped me to 0 in less than 5 days... it has been interesting being bedridden and incapacitated for the past 72 hours, and not getting better... just wanted to say thanks for all the useful info you share. Time to try and rest while the kiddo is at swim practice because even web browsing while flat on my back drains me right now haha :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.