Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stabbed in the Back, but Otherwise Fine

So my perfectly healthy gallbladder has taken to stabbing me in the back. For no good reason other than it can.

Sigh.

I really hope an answer or solution (a simple, easy one) can be found because this is just getting ridiculous.

Other than that, I perked up a bit on Sunday and had a pretty full day. 2 hours at the pool where I gave myself a sunburn via incompetent sunscreen administration. I'm pretty sure the dermatologist is going to disown me when they see how tan I've gotten.

Despite my garish sun hat, which I wear everywhere, I need to step up my sun game. I haven't been outside so much on such a regular basis in years. Not even last year, when I had a very active summer. The introduction of the pool into our routine has had more of an impact than anticipated. However, it is very good for the toddler and her motor/sensory issues, which is why we go almost daily.

After the pool, I rode my bike all over the neighborhood for about 20 ass-kicking minutes (wimpy, I know, but I'm starting from like a -10 on the fitness scale). Then I did some jump squats to start easing back into strength cardio work outs.

I also went to the grocery store. So a rather busy day for a former adrenal zombie. A wave of fatigue took me out at the end, nixing another store run, but I kept it together with lots of water and a few pickles.

Monday, I did Zumba. I hated it. It was hard on my knee, which is still recovering from the Amelia Bedelia-esque fall at the pool. I did however get a good workout and, as a result, was quite the space cadet on the way home.

Sunday no nap, I tried, but couldn't sleep. On Monday I konked and that was before Zumba. I've also had some adrenal pain, which makes NO sense, but it is what it is.

Hopefully all this 'stress' is prompting my body to get a clue and make more cortisol.

Really good news...I have lost about 2 pounds so far. Which is the first weight loss I've seen in about 7 months. So major progress even though the number is teeny tiny. Let's see if I can get to 10lbs lost before vacation in August.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a day. You know, I've heard of more people having "sun screen failure" this year than ever. Did you use one of those spray bottles? Maybe you can travel to the pool with your own portable pavilion...I'm imagining something decadent looking, with gauzy curtains and palm fronds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my own pavilion with some guys to wave the palm fronds! Sounds good to me.

    There is actually a shaded pavilion at the pool but not over the pool. I wasn't wearing a swimsuit initially (hated the one I had, needed a new one) and that protected me, but once I did, I got burned. Also my face is sensitive and I haven't been able to use anything more than SPF 30 on my face without giving myself chemical burns.

    But yes, I was using the spray for my body and was not competent. Need to have someone else do it.

    M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.