Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Just Doing It

I made 'paleo' cut out cookies for the toddler. Not my best experiment, but she was happy. The true test will be if she eats them tomorrow or not. I'm thinking not. Too much honey, which I had already reduced from the original recipe.



Those are supposed to be Rudolph and some trees. It was harder than I thought it would be to assemble the reindeer. That's what I get for thinking I was so clever to use cranberries, pecans and dark chocolate for decorating. The chemical laden version of this cookie uses M&Ms and chocolate covered pretzels. And looks perfectly lovely.

Is there a metaphor in there about beautiful poison?

Anyway...

We've also been working on a button ornament. Dual purpose holiday craft and fine motor OT. It's turning out rather cute in a 'only a mother could love it' way. Good thing I'm the mother.


I always try to have some kind of craft/activity going on around the holidays. The button ornament was our Thanksgiving project. Christmas Day we'll have a pop-up cardboard castle that will need to be painted and decorated. That will keep us busy.

Felt pretty rotten most of the day, Thursday. I ate, but got super loopy anyways. So I ate some more. And then more. Finally, the food cooked in and I could get up off the couch. Four hours later than when I'd planned on baking those cookies, but it was the best I could do.

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. Cookies and ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look Deeelish! I want one...without the pecans. You are very motivated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.