Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Puke Watch 2012

I'm so tired, I could just fall asleep as I type, so bear with me.

Things are, overall, going well with some hiccups along the way.

Sunday we all had a mild case of food poisoning. I upped my fluids and increased salt and didn't worry too much about it, but it did end up derailing me for about 48 hours. However, the adrenal component was only at 30% strength, which is a pretty major improvement. Instead of feeling weak for days, I felt adrenal weak for a couple hours. But then, the next day I was super tired. Which was annoying, but it passed.

Then today, I took the toddler to an indoor playground and a kid upchucked all over the place. Worse, the mom didn't take that as a sign to go home, so we did, basically throwing away the money we paid for the entrance fee.

I just have no words for that mom. You just don't do that if you're a halfway decent parent. Actively vomiting kids don't go to school or playdates or indoor parks. It's just not done. Not if you want to have mom friends or your kid to have playmates. Now if you want everyone to talk about you in an unflattering manner, then let your kid puke and play. Trust me, no one was without a snide opinion.

And the staff was clueless, "We don't have any policy in place for this." Wimpy teenagers afraid of conflict. Humph.

I told the hubby, if we start puking, we're going to the park and finding those people's cars. So help me, I will store it if I have to for future transport. Yes I am that mad about it.

I will be so pissed if I get sick because stomach flu will definitely mean steroids. Hopefully, we weren't exposed and it was just food poisoning.

Plus, have I mentioned Lice Watch 2012? No? Yeah, that's because I'm pretending it's not happening. We don't have lice yet and I think our odds are good to keep it that way, but yes, I am checking my kid's hair for lice like a chimp with a hair fetish.

Oh and I exercised today. Just a 30 minute elliptical workout. I had normal strength and stamina ( as opposed to adrenal strength and stamina). But it wiped me out pretty good after. Those annoying adrenals. Really I thought I would do better as the day-to-day has been pretty solid, but I guess exercise is still an adrenal minefield.

As for my knee...I think it's just the patella not tracking right. Not that I can say for sure, but I think/hope I just need a brace maybe? I'm just ignoring it a the moment, I can't afford a doctor visit because we have crappy health insurance.

And that's it. I am SO going to bed. If nothing makes sense, it's the adrenals.

2 comments:

  1. What were those people thinking?!
    Hear you on the doc thing. I still haven't been in for my wrist/hand pain.

    You are having a hell of a week. I wish you lice free, puke free, energetic days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.