Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Waking Up

Toddler slept in until almost 9am today! Woot!

She appears to also have grown another quarter inch. At this rate she'll surpass professional basketball players by 2013.

She also makes me practice 10-1=9, 9-1=8 etc... before I tuck her in at night.

Plus we do 'reading cheers' as she's ready to read but tries to tell me 'that's for older kids mom'. So I call BS with cheerleading for literacy. Note: I was never an actual cheerleader.

(Cheers are a made-up thing where we clap out the letters to a word and do a motion that means the word--like for book you fold open your hands like you're reading a book or for up, you point up. She's into it so I make like Cheri Oteri and pretend I'm killing it on SNL.)

OMG the cuteness slays me. She's going through a fun phase.

I have mostly caught up on sleep. My energy has been good, I had some adrenal weakness with the sleep deprivation and there was one day where I regretted not canceling work, but it was, overall, mild. For the first time in almost two years I would call myself resilient. I bounced more than I crashed.

I worked my ass off, publishing 3 different stories this week. Plus two student gigs at night.

My appetite has been steroid insane except I haven't had any in a while. It's like my body woke up and realized it was missing about two years of calories. I actually gained weight, which is a huge change. I didn't even eat any pie!

The only thing I haven't done is add exercise to the mix. Will be interesting to see what happens with that.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds SO cute!!

    Glad you're feeling a bit better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for publishing 3 stories, that is great news!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.