Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Shh! Don't Jinx It

I don't want to say anything about my health because it's in flux and I don't know where it's going to land so might as well wait and see before I devote hundreds of words to it, yes?

So here's some random nonsense for you...

1.Do you ever catch yourself watching one of those drug commercials and as they list the side effects you're going 'yes I have that, yup that too, yeah and that' only you don't take the drug?

I had a moment like that the other day and it cracked me up.

2.Several Olympians have the same diagnosis as my daughter and that makes me happy. Not that they have a diagnosis, but that it didn't stop them. I worry a lot about doors closing for her, maybe I don't need to worry at all.

3. When I was at the hospital visiting my friend, I told her 80 something roommate who was about to be released that she should go see Magic Mike to celebrate. It had been a topic of loud conversation and she asked what it was so....

We tried to explain Magic Mike to her in polite terms and finally I just told her it was 'life affirming.'

So that's me, witnessing about Magic Mike to little old ladies in the hospital. Ha. I'm either exactly who you want visiting you in the hospital or your worst nightmare.

4.I have set an ambitious writing goal for myself in the midst of a hugely busy month. August is crazy over here. One relative left. The next relative arrives next week. I have a week long sales gig thing at a preschool. Plus summer camp. Visits with relatives having babies. And a vacation. Things are so jam-packed I can't keep track of it all and have double-booked myself several times now.

That's a great time to decide to finish a huge project, right? What can I say? When the muse is hot, the muse is hot. You don't say no to the muse. I'm about 60% done with the project and hope to have all the rough drafts done before we go on vacation later this month.

I'm close. The plot is giving me fits though. I'm ready to end the thing and it just keeps going. We'll see what happens.

If I'm scarce here, it's because I'm focusing very intently on meeting my goal. If I'm posting all the time, that means I'm procrastinating mightily. As I'm doing right now.

So no, I'm not dead, but I might be off killing my characters if they don't start cooperating soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.