Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday is for Whining (Or Humping, Your Pick)

So yesterday...trying to keep good notes.

In addition to what I already whined about mentioned, my sense of smell went kind of crazy. Hubby was eating Cheezits two rooms away and I could smell them.

At dinner I couldn't finish my food and there was a distinct lack of enthusiasm for ice cream.

Some adrenal flank pain.

Also, very very cold. Like shaking, teeth chattering. I sat in front of the gas fireplace and relished the sensation of imminent combustion. After an hour of that, I was just warm. Ridiculous.

I kind of think the fire alarms yesterday escalated things. First, they were very very loud and they came in unexpected bursts, which just about made me incontinent--I startle easily, like whoever is lamer than a wimp, that's me. The alarms really got me going. I remember feeling very anxious and on edge.

Second, I had a strong surge of momma bear hormones regarding the fact that my kid was hysterical and her PT was cut short due to the alarms. We kill ourselves to pay for PT, so they were f*cking with my kid and my wallet and I think the noise itself just pissed me off, priming the pump for irritation.

Anyhoo, despite my whackadoo body, Valentine's Day was fun. We kept it low key and low cost. We had a ton of veggies for dinner (that made me happy) and the toddler even ate them. Then she played 'restaurant' making our hot fudge sundaes for dessert. Hubby brought home balloons so we each had some tied to our chairs.

We also went to a (free) magic show at the library. The toddler is always making up crazy magic tricks and putting on shows, so she loved it. We got an autograph too as the guy is a ummm whatever you call a magician that is famous but not a household name. Yet. Kind of well-known?

After dinner we played games. As evidence that I'm really Amelia Bedelia reincarnated... I cut myself on the Trouble game. My hand slipped off the dice dome and hit a perfectly smooth game piece with enough force to draw blood and require a band aid (featuring Dora!). Do not ask me how that happened. All I can tell you is that this is normal for me.

You don't have to laugh at me because the hubby is doing it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.