Pages

Friday, March 1, 2019

The Long Conn



So I have Conn's Syndrome.

Actually, they called it hyperaldosteronism. I picked up Conn's Syndrome off the internet.

The adrenal adenoma is actually doing something, which I kind of figured it was because I can feel stuff in there that ain't right, and thanks to previous inflammation, I actually know where my adrenals are.

I did my best to deny it, but no, the tumor is legit doing shit.

This endo's rec was do nothing. Just take spiranolactone and watch my blood pressure.

I'm going for a second opinion. I don't like how my adrenal blood work looked and sometimes adrenal tumors should be removed.

Thus far in this journey, I've learned to never stop at just one doctor.

Along those lines, this meme popped up the other day and got me steaming....

Please do not confuse your Google search with my medical degree.

Oh really? How about...

Please do not confuse your medical degree with my experience with a rare disease and with other patients of the same disease (we all talk) when you've never seen a case.

Please do not confuse your medical degree with the fact I've read all the studies, talked to all the patients I can find and am actually IN my body FEELING this disease.

Please do not confuse your medical degree with me knowing my body's different patterns of disease.

Please do not confuse your medical degree with actually providing high quality care.

Please do not confuse your medical degree with eliminating implicit bias.

What I want from your medical degree is intelligent medical care that goes beyond the obvious.

I ALWAYS thought my high blood pressure was weird. ALWAYS. I ALWAYS wondered if it was a tumor. ALWAYS.

Medical Degrees are shit.

Medical degrees saw the fucking adrenal adenoma on CT in 2013 and NEVER TOLD ME.

It's what you do with your degree that counts and too many of y'all are doing JACK SHIT.

If I went to a doctor today and didn't disclose the tumors, they would tell me it was my weight. It ain't my weight, geniuses. How many would look beyond the obvious? Less than 1%.

Occam's Razor sounds smart until you realize it cuts everyone who doesn't fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.