Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

30 Minutes

The toddler's first day of preschool was 30 minutes long.

She now has a case of the green boogies (a.k.a. a cold).

That really has to be some kind of record.

I am fighting it as well and currently winning.

I finished my 5 day prednisone burst to prop up the adrenals yesterday. It worked quite well. One of the things I noticed before I caved to vitamin P (and before the narcoleptic like effects of adrenal suppression made things really obvious) was I couldn't get going on the elliptical. I just couldn't get the rpms up to where they normally were. This was also the last thing to come back. I finally had a great workout this morning, after a couple weeks of suffering through or quitting early or skipping exercise entirely.

So that's good.

Let's hope the germies can leave me alone so I can stay off prednisone.

I have to say I am surprised and demoralized by how sensitive my body is and how fast my energy tanks. I did not think adrenal suppression would be such a hard slog. In my dreams, it was all tra-la-la-la until I got a cold and then I would pop some vitamin P and be fine. Easy peasy, right?

The reality is quite different. I'm afraid to work out too hard. Afraid to do too much. Afraid of preschool. Afraid I'm going to prolong this unnecessarily by just trying to live a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.