Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Anyone Speak Endocrinologist?

I heard back from the endo and was told to not wean too fast because I could crash again.

So does that mean stay on 5mg or go alternate day or what? Because they didn't specify, we are back to vague banalities.

Also, I did wean. In May. This is all stress dose prednisone. What do they mean by wean?

Although I did think my body was acting like it was going through steroid withdrawal from the last 5day x 5mg burst.

But that is, allegedly, impossible since 5mg is such a low dose and 5 days is not supposed to cause suppression.

Then again, we are talking about my extra stupid adrenals.

Which I really want to dig out of my body and smash with a hammer right now.

Except, I suppose, that won't really help me make cortisol.

So I got a response, but that is not the same thing as an answer.

Sigh. I don't know. I am having a hard time keeping my blood pressure up. Thankfully I start feeling like crap right around 100/60-70 so I've been good about getting salt and keeping things stable before they really tank.

(ETA: Hahahaha joke's on me. Now I can't seem to keep the pressure up despite some heavy salt dosing so I just took some prednisone. It's actually dropping further. WTF BBQ?)

Perhaps I need to go back to a daily dose and just taper slowly? Maybe I just need to do what will get me up and running and then taper down from there.

I haven't exercised in a week. The last two days I was So. Optimistic. about exercising only to poop out and need a nap.

In fact, I need a nap earlier than my toddler and it is a special kind of misery to hang on until she's ready to sleep.

This is so frustrating it is driving me to tears. I just want this to end dammit.

2 comments:

  1. I don't speak endo, but I remember me some pred days. Way back when, when I was on the pred merrigoround - before they had the five day bursts that they _say_ don't require weaning - the recommended weaning level was two whole weeks at each level. The whole 14 days at each step. Dr. Leah says to do what you need to do to get up and running, then talk to doc about weaning.

    Us moms have more to do than just sit around dealing with our own health issues. I'm not allowed to be sick, unless I schedule a sick day in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does the doc want you to wean off your prednisone? Why does he think that your adrenals are still working enough to go off of them. I take 20-25 mg of HC daily, and will bump up occasionally. Some days I can't get out of bed because of fatigue, some days I sleep all day, and just lay on the couch all evening. Do you have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night. I need meds to sleep. Sorry for all the questions.
    mo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.