Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

OMG! FOOD!!!!!

So I was watching Biggest Loser the other night--a show I kind of hate for a multitude of reasons-- and ended up in the kitchen as a result, making this:
That is bacon. Nitrite free 'better for you bacon', but still bacon. With fat.Wrapped around Hungarian Hot Peppers stuffed with plain cream cheese. I doubt the producers or trainers or contestants of Biggest Loser ever imagined their show would inspire such consumption of fat, but it happened. It was delicious too.

The poppers are low carb legal, but a calorie bomb best avoided if weight loss is the goal.

I kind of think my appetite is back.

Not just my appetite, but my ability to enjoy food.

I can't tell you how weird it is to be starving, yet not find anything appetizing. I've been forcing myself to eat and having to remember, oh yeah it's lunch time, I should eat something. This has been my life since April-ish, basically force feeding myself to avoid low blood sugar. Even my cherry pie indulgences over vacation were a challenge. My appetite could've cared less, but my memories of good cherry pie pushed me through the motions.

I don't know if this latest appetite surge is due to prednisone or some positive change on the adrenal front or a combination of the two, but not only am I hungry, I want to eat.

Food tastes good. I am able to eat things that formerly repulsed me and made me feel nauseated just by looking at them.

The only thing is, what I was eating before is turning out to not be enough food. Yet I need to still lose weight too. So this has been interesting. I've forgotten what it's like to have cravings and how to cope with them. My dieting skills are a little rusty.

I'm going to jack up the fat and protein next week to try and induce ketosis which should curb some of it. I imagine I will also eat a couple heads (bunches?) of celery in one sitting for a while. And make more poppers.

For now, I'm eating two chocolate muffins in the morning and trying to have a low carb friendly snack at the ready. And focusing on protein and fat as much as I can until I can get to the grocery store this weekend and stock up.

Also, maybe stop watching Biggest Loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.