Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Under Pressure

So the relative RN says to me "90 over 60 is normal for me. I am fine."

Yeah. I know.

Some people have naturally low blood pressure. I used to be one of them until this year.

I was 115/70 something for the longest time (Spring through July) and felt fine. Then my blood pressure started creeping up again despite continual weight loss and an exercise regimen that got my resting heart rate down to 60.

I cut salt. Did nothing, although if I eat salt it will increase my BP, but cutting it out didn't appreciably lower it. Yes, salt has a one way effect on me for some reason.

I cut caffeine, had a little slip and then cut it again. Did nothing.

My BP went higher still until I was in 140/90 territory.

So I started Liosinopril (sp?), per a pre-existing agreement with the PCP, which did nothing, just like the last time I was on it. Well, it does make me pee. A lot. Urgently.

I hadn't gotten around to adding the ACE inhibitor (which also does nothing) when the adrenals started crashing again.

While some people may feel great at 90/60, I would challenge them to stay upright as they dropped from 140/90 to 90/60 or even 80/50. Those drops threaten to bring me to my knees when they hit.

I don't know what is going on with my blood pressure. I really think there's something hormonal at play, but so far I can't seem to get anyone with a prescription pad to listen to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.