Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

AM Cortisol

The am cortisol came back at 18.

Which is fabulous. I am actually thrilled. Wish I felt as good as the numbers indicate I should.

I will point out, remember in July the am cortisol was 13. So I clearly continued to recover and my system was not optimal between then and now.

Which I was saying that all along, however, this provides some evidence of the gap between clinically normal and real-life normal. Always good data points to have. Also, a good argument in favor of stress dosing.

The endo thought the steroids wouldn't be helping me in light of such a good am cortisol. However, they are. They allow me to eat and prop up my energy.

I didn't get into steroid withdrawal with the endo. I should have, but I'll be seeing them in a few weeks anyway.

The plan is to try and wean, which is terrifying to contemplate. I finally feel good and now I have to go back in the hole--the fatigue is lurking, waiting for me to open the door.

I'm waiting to hear back from the PCP what they want to do.

My sense is that a wean will put me back to not eating and no energy to function. Practically speaking, I will probably end up taking a booster dose of steroids on the days I work until we can figure out what is going on and come up with a plan for it. Not thrilled about that, but, at the moment the name of the game is keeping me upright.

If you have any ideas, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.