Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

And So It Begins

I see that the pumpkin recall made national news, including stories questioning the motives of companies that wait until no one's paying attention to announce problems.

I wonder how the CEO of our grocery chain spent his holiday? Does he have small children? We spent it worrying about getting sick from food that wasn't safe to eat, with no information on potential health effects.

Jerks.

Next year I'm making my own pumpkin.

Assuming I ever get out of steroid prison.

Today I am tired and the pain of withdrawal has started. Advil and Tylenol have allowed me to get ahead of it and I hope it abates quickly.

Last night, I had the fiery pain in my stomach and back and felt like I was going to be sick. I went to bed and things stopped being weird.

Also having issues with keeping warm and shivering a bit. Can not express how much I love my heated mattress pad. Heaven on earth.

Yes, I can always take steroids.

But I don't want to feed withdrawal and if there's some relative adrenal insufficiency (the difference between being clinically normal vs. optimized) I don't want to delay recovery with more steroids.

There are patients with normal cortisol levels who go on to flunk tests like the ITT (Insulin Tolerance Test) so it does happen. However, the odds of me finding a doctor who would order any further testing and then the odds of flunking the ITT are so remote it would be like trying to collect lottery winnings when you live on Pluto.

At least I should lose weight, right? There's some consolation in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.