Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Inspired Stupidity

Exercise yesterday did not go so well.

There was a cat at a play date, which confirmed that yep, I'm still allergic. The ol' asthma hack started pretty quick.

A walk/run later was preceded by albuterol that didn't do much. My lungs seized up anyway and, despite more albuterol, didn't relax enough for me to do anything but a slow walk.*

I came home and messed around with a Wii fit thing. That went okay, it wasn't too aerobic.

But then the adrenal stuff came into play. Very tired. Very cold and unable to get warm. I went to bed as soon as the toddler was asleep.

We'll see how today goes.

By the way, I stopped at the drug store to get a spacer, having identified the model I wanted online. Oddly, I can buy spacers like an addict online, but in real life? You need a prescription. So dumb.


*This reminds me of the time I lived in Central America and stayed at a boarding house with two Navy Seals sent down to learn Spanish. Two gorgeous hunks of men. I went running with them, despite not being a runner and having uncontrolled asthma--they were hot enough to inspire stupidity.

So off we went, running along a dormant volcano. My left lung completely seized up and swelled shut not even a quarter of a mile in. It was so weird, because the right side was fine, but I couldn't get any air movement on the left.

Of course, I had to stop and gasp my way home because my stupid lung had a wedgie. In front of hard core Navy Seals. So wimpy. So humiliating.

They were amazing guys. Too bad my lungs couldn't keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.