Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ork

I worked out last night...took me all day to wake up and feel up to it. Which was a bummer.

I'm on a new progesterone dose and that may be part of the issue. I don't know.

The work out went pretty well. I pushed myself through it and don't feel too bad this morning.

But I think I'm going to drink a Coke Zero today.

I need a kick in the pants, badly and my body has lost its ability to provide one organically.

Why, yes, I am talking about organic kicks in the pants.

I can really go down some strange rabbit holes sometimes.

Anyway, I did some preliminary research on progesterone as a treatment for PCOS in the hopes  of someday writing an informed opinion as a patient who has tried it.

It's a finicky thing this bio-identical hormone replacement. You really have to stick with it and monitor things closely, which is expensive and time consuming. I'm 7 months in and we're still sorting out the dose.

You would never guess that from the rah-rah cheerleading from Suzanne Somers and her ilk, which irks me. There's a dishonesty in her books and marketing that fails to give proper guidance to patients. Bio-identical hormones are not a miracle cure, they take work and careful attention to detail.

I hope to expand on this in the near future so there's a resource for other patients that is based on actual reality and not the pipe dream being hawked by profiteers.

As for the writing, since I'm using a patient blog as my writer's diary these days, another book hit the Top 100. That marks four now.

And umm, I have some fans now.

That freaks me out.

I now know the 'voice' and writing style that resonates with readers. So naturally my next two projects are completely different.

I didn't plan it this way. I had no idea things were going to take off so I just kept writing and now the pipeline is filled with things my fans probably won't like. Whoops.

Well maybe I'll reach some new fans.

Now just to write faster.

*Title courtesy of Mr. Popper's Penguins which I'm currently reading to the kiddo. Ork pretty much sums it all up, don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.