Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Week Later...

The asthma is mostly under control now. I put myself on bed rest the day before if finally came to heel. Day-to-day-life was just making things worse. I would have acute asthma for 7-8 hours a day, would get a short break and then it would kick back on again at night--all because I took the car to the mechanic, went grocery shopping, stopped at the bank etc... I need to do a better job of slowing down and resting more when the asthma acts up.

This was probably the most serious non-illness related asthma I've ever had. I could feel the swelling in my lungs, feel the margins narrowing.

Anyway, I can mostly breathe now. I started walking again and will build back up (again, sigh) to something tougher.

I'm still hypersensitive to smells which can trigger the asthma despite more than tripling the inhaled steroid dose I started out with.

Sleep is also a little weird and I'm tired as a result. It's better than it was, but the change in steroid dose is not without side effects.

So, as a result, this past week has mostly been sick time for me. I did some writing, but mostly just gave myself permission to take a break. I was too tired to feel bad about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.