Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Finally A Break

I finally caught a good wind in my sail. The panting, which I assume was caused by the anemia, responded like a miracle to iron supplements. Once I wasn't panting like a dog, my lungs were able to clear out and calm down.

The asthma broke and crawled back into its hidey hole.

So that was good news.

I've started to feel like I'm actually recovering this week.

The first two weeks after the liver resection (aka hepatectomy) for adenomatosis were a mess of 'I think these people are going to kill me' and 'If these people don't kill me, the pain will.'  The third week has been 'I think I'll live.'

The initial stages of recovery were not pretty. It was brutal. Way more brutal than I imagined.

But.

I got through it.

My dermabond is off and the incision sites should heal into teeny scars...except for my belly button which was somehow butchered and left with a thick ridge of tissue instead of a thin seam. Something went wrong with the dermabond there. The one side of the incision was pulled up and over the other and the tissue pokes out. Maybe they can revise that with the next surgery.

But I feel almost normal.

I still have pain and a bunch of other tumors. I will be curious to see what things are like in another month. For the most part, this surgery was preventative and not curative, so I don't expect any huge change.

For the moment, I'm working on getting back in shape, making doctor appointments for the next surgery and trying to figure out a work schedule. Time to prep for instant menopause.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.