Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Pale and Waiting



Had pale yellow, clay-like stool.

Called surgeon and asked 'is this a thing that matters?'

They ordered STAT blood work.

But then weekend started so nothing will be done.

I did finally realize I had access to a bunch of lab results in the online portal. I reviewed them all aaaaaand...I'm anemic.

8.0 hemoglobin
22% hematocrit

So that explains why I've been panting like a fucking dog for the last 15 days.

I didn't think I'd bled enough to be anemic. They touted how little bleeding I'd had, so I didn't even think about anemia (although I should've known better, especially with this surgical team).

At least I anticipated this a bit and had stocked up on the iron supplements I like.

I've started slamming back iron like it's candy and am anxiously awaiting for the 5-7 day mark when it will finally start to have an impact.

Meanwhile, the 5 day steroid burst ended, buuuuuut the asthma flare didn't break. My lungs are stuck. I hope improvements in the anemia will correspond to improvements in the asthma, but we'll see.  I don't know what else to do. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.