Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Going Backwards

Lungs got worse. Developed a cough. Had a low grade fever here and there for a bit.

I fought back hard with the nebulizer and all my inhalers, but when the hubby lit some matches it was instant Game Over for me.

It was either steroids or the ER where they would go 'huh, what do you mean you're not supposed to take steroids?' I did not have the breath to deal with that.

So here I am on a 5 day burst.

Good thing I did it, as after the matches, I got hit with diesel fumes from the tree trimming crew. (We have a massive, ancient oak tree that needed pruning...at exactly the wrong time for my lungs).

I called the pulmo, who as per usual, has no time to see me, but did eventually relay that they didn't want me on steroids either due to their impact on wound healing.

But then had nothing to offer to help.

I've done what research I can. My sense is steroids can end well, they don't always fubar wounds up. I'm navigating my risks as best I can with a surgeon who does not give one shit and a pulmo who can never absorb emergencies and any ER visits would be a hot mess of WTF.

The scary part is tomorrow is day 5, but my lungs are still crap so...then what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.