Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Liver Resection Recovery 10 Days Out



1. Finally off narcotic pain meds and on Advil. I have pain but it's below a 5. When they sent me home I was still at an 8/9. My abdominal wall does not like to be cut. For some reason, the pain is always excruciating for me.

2.  I can poop! Woo! I took the Colace they prescribed, and as time went on (and on) I added in magnesium and then Senekot.

3. Lungs still dodgy. Since yesterday, I can't take deep breaths. I feel like I'm 'pinned down' on the right side. Asthma is mildly flared. I keep yawning and am still short of breath on activity and with talking.

4. Walked 22 minutes yesterday. A little over a mile. Am doing some stairs as well. With the lungs, I kind of walk a bit like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Shoulders up to my ears and bent over. Sometimes I have to stop and put my hands on my knees to release the pressure on my lungs and abdomen and just catch my breath. Working on building up from here.

5. I can finally eat! But not a lot. I still have 29 other tumors, 28 of which are in my liver and they are not totally inert. My liver definitely has a hard line when it comes to food. So I'm still dancing around that.

6.  I have a divot on my back that is somehow related to all this. I don't know how though. It hurts and throbs and sometimes itches. I started with ice packs and have switched to hot packs trying to help it heal.

7.I am so sick of sleeping on the couch. Ugh. But our 80lb rescue dog--who is still fairly new to our family--doesn't understand he can't walk on my stomach. For the time being, I have to stay quarantined from his rather aggressive love bug tendencies. He snuggles like an anvil on the head!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.