Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

News,News, News

1. Completely unrelated to anything health related (unless you count a kinked up neck) but I sent a query to a publisher just because I felt like it. Not because I was serious or anything as I'm still pretty interested in self-publishing.

They said their response time was 4-6 weeks. It was actually 24 hours. I went from thinking 'oh good, I'll have a deadline and some time to tweak' to flat out editing for my life.

I think my fingers are frozen into claws. Here's a picture of the frenzy. All the paper is from line edits from a critique partner that I hauled ass to incorporate. It was more efficient to just toss each page to the floor once I was done with it. (Don't worry, the toddler has already scolded me for making a mess.)

I fully expect them to pass on the story, but it's exciting while it's lasts.

I'm not being unduly pessimistic, it's one thing to have the ability to write, another to write marketable fiction. I can write. Whether it's marketable is an entirely different skill set.

Best to keep expectations low.

2.Toddler's EI meeting was today and she got labeled.

Developmental delay.

I am so happy to see her getting some help so she can move forward, but wow, what a slap-in-the-face the DD label was.

3.Saw the endo, but will do a separate post on that appointment later. All I'll say is, I was surprised.

4. My temp went up to 98.7 and I felt pretty good today. I know the temperature doesn't really mean anything much, but I'm intrigued by the concept that molecules move faster with heat (think boiling water vs. room temperature water). When I think about it that way, it makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in an exciting crunch time!

    What kind of fiction are you writing? I would love to read your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.