Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sick Strength

For Valentine's Day, I invited my hubby to try a metabolic resistance training workout with me.

And I kicked his a$.

What?

As healthy as he is and as active his work is and as much as he plays hockey, I am in better shape.

Maybe.

I have some doubts about that. Put me in a hockey game and I would probably die.

It was just one workout anyway. He'll tone up right quick and surpass me in the blink of an eye.

In terms of muscle strength, I was ready for my first pass at metabolic resistance training. It hurt. I'm sore, but I'm not walking funny. It was the kind of hard that I find fun.

I did go to bed early, slept for 10 hours, woke up tired and then took an involuntary* 4 hour nap, which is the adrenal component. Hopefully as I condition, my body will get used to the workload and it won't sap my energy so badly.

If this doesn't get weight loss moving, I don't know what will. It certainly has ramped up the asthma, which is all kinds of not awesomeness.

Eating-wise, the food has been cleaned up for about 10 days and I haven't lost any weight. So I'm restricting it further this week by doing an almond flour muffin for breakfast and a few hardboiled eggs for lunch with a protein and veggie dinner. I've cut back on diet soda and started drinking more green tea as a replacement (it's supposed to help burn belly fat, but it is also just good for you in general).

Something has to give soon. Besides my lungs and adrenals, I mean.

Right?

* Involuntary as in I didn't have much choice, was I napping or passed out? Only the adrenals know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.