Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Unbelievable Weird Sh*t Happens to Normal People

One of the personal dramas I've been dealing with is coming to an end and I can finally talk about it. It has nothing to do with health (other than mental) but since I mentioned it here, I'll give closure. Not to mention it's a really weird story.

I was served with a lawsuit in December. Wrongfully so, but it took a few months to sort that out and I spent that time terrified I was going to be on the hook for a lot of money I did not have. Plus imagining a judge pronouncing me guilty, the thought of which made my hyperventilate.

However, it turned out, some other company made a huge mistake and they are paying for the entire thing including my legal expenses to date.

The whole thing was/is bizarre and we still can't figure out what went wrong. The company at fault doesn't want to disclose the nature of their mistake, I gather because I could sue them???

Sue them for what I don't know as they are throwing money at the situation like there's no tomorrow and fixing the problem as far as I am concerned. Maybe their license is on the hook or something.

All I know is I am immensely grateful that things panned out this way. The whole thing was terrifying and incredibly stressful (have you ever tried to hire a lawyer in December? It can't be done!).

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Can't imagine ... I found it stressful enough to deal with an uninsured motorist case that took three years to settle.

    But I'm happy for your sake that it's working out well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.