Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Pissed Off Unhappy Camper

My blood work is back.

The good news? I've pretty much resolved my anemia tendencies although there are some small markers showing my red blood cell production is still not optimal.

The bad news? I tested positive for thyroid antibodies meaning I really do have Hashimotos.

Which, I had kind of hoped that test would be normal and I would be the lucky recipient of a get-out-of-jail-free card. But no.

In theory, Hashimotos is no big deal--at least all the experts say so. But I am still pretty bummed to confirm my thyroid is slowly being destroyed and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Why do things have to keep going wrong?

I also sent a fax off to the endo regarding the latest adrenal craziness. I don't expect them to do much, but I don't want to be over here doing strange things with prednisone behind their back either.

My latest idea is to try an alternate day dose schedule for a while. Once I stabilize I mean, which I have yet to do. I'm still feeling kind of rough, but I delayed taking prednisone under some delusion I could just power through this, so I'm just paying the piper. Also I think I'm giving up exercise for a while as it seems to be a trigger.

I have high hopes for tomorrow being a better day.

Or else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.