Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2022

And then...

The storm blew out a basement window.


The pipes froze.


Hubby dealt with it. No harm done.


A radiator started leaking. Gotta love 1800s steam heat. We can't mess with it until it's warmer so we're just avoiding the puddle.


The food didn't arrive. Every year around this time, I use a food service for a few weeks. It keeps meals healthy and organized when my interest in figuring out food is low.


No biggie. I'm just flailing a bit, trying to figure out a new menu based on our pantry. 


Never a dull moment here. 


Meanwhile I ran across a discussion on a forum with doctors trying to figure out how to stop people from hating them. The entire thread...not one mention of any self awareness. Not one person thinks they've missed a diagnosis or that medicine can be horrible to people even if it's got the right diagnosis. It's all patients are stupid narcissists. 


My theory is good doctors don't have time to bitch like Mean Girls. So I try to take it as these are the dipshits of medicine. But I don't want there to be any dipshits of medicine. 


I kept scrolling looking for one person to say 'hey sometimes we suck, sometimes even if we're doing our best, we fail people, we need to help patients navigate the system  and keep options open so when people do fall through the cracks someone, somewhere can catch them, not serve as locked doors and you shall not pass.' But no. No Christmas miracle happening there.


I don't know. Pay off your loans and gtfo if you hate it so much? Go overseas? You're presumably healthy and educated and you're earning at least $150,000 a year...do something with it. I can't imagine having so much only to be so petty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.