Pages

Monday, December 19, 2022

Creaky Check In

Still have the swollen lymph gland. I need to do my annual blood work first before I bug a doc about it though. Seems out of order to not do the labs up front. So I'll work to get that done.


I'm still assuming it's Covid related.


Which is weird because I've maintained feeling better so...que????


The fucking hell, Covid?


Family trip went well but I'm having my first arthritis flare (I assume) from walking around in a 5 degree wind chill for 5 hours at an outdoor museum thing. I did not know that cold weather could be a problem. I also was not aware that I had all that much arthritis in my knee. It was all news to me!


Welp. Now I know. Great. 


Hip and knee and foot gave me a lot of grief. Sadly, I'm approaching the point where I may need a scooter or wheelchair. I can walk but not forever. I struggle with standing in place. Hip does great for day-to-day life with the PT exercises, but doesn't handle theme park type stress well at all. And I don't think my foot will ever heal. I suspect that the degenerative spine plays a role in everything as well. Not to mention injury history, particularly with my knee. Oh, and the way the vaccines kickstarted a lot of this BS.


For the record, we did dress appropriately. We knew it would be cold. I had two hats, gloves, used an n95 to keep my face warm, plus a thick sweater, and a winter coat. I wasn't cold, but aside from my jeans, my knee didn't have much protection and got blasted with freezing wind.


But the teen had fun. Health crap aside, she's having a great year. She's even been invited to hang out with some friends! So that's exciting. We're making inroads on establishing ourselves in our new town/home. 


And no, no news to report on her health stuff yet. Stuff is still off the rails but she's not letting it stop her as much as she can manage.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.