Pages

Monday, December 26, 2022

Thar She Blows

Still having intense GI issues. Bah.


Whatever is going on, it's put me flat on my back. I can't function past it. I'm laying in bed for the most part feeling pretty rough. Liver pain, for me, often feels like rotten fruit in my gut, rotten fruit that's swelling and ready to burst. It's an awful feeling. 


If I didn't know better, I would think this was an emergency. But my tumors are supposedly stable, my labs are good. This isn't liver failure or a serious tumor rupture--most of the tumors are too small to really make me bleed out if they blow (we think). It's more likely irritation or one of my little tumors imploding. Or the pancreas shooting mucous loogies. There's nothing anyone can do as far as they know.


Which means I haven't called the doc. It seems pointless. I'm trying to decide where the line is on that. What crosses it in my situation? Hell if I know. I'm a tweener as always. Sick but not sick enough to know the exact right thing to do.


I just have to muddle through another ruined day or week or month.


Sigh.


On the up side...potential breakthrough with the teen? I've been reading all the things trying to find a tweak or tip or hack and I finally found one--Bracing. If the muscles are spasming so intensely to compensate for perceived instability...what if we brace and change the proprioception? So we did and that seems to have flipped the switch so the muscles can finally let go. Hallelujah. Finally something that helps.


To that end, I've ordered a million different knee braces because, as I suspected, the expensive ones aren't comfortable. Probably what I've ordered is garbage, but I can't not try. We need a physiatrist and higher quality custom braces...which is what the physiatrist told us. But we haven't heard boo from them since they said that. I'd like to bug them about it if my body could please stop its bullshit for an hour or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I read all comments and do my best to respond to questions, usually in a new post.